Help. iPhone 4 unlock Problem [Complicated.]

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by misterjay, Sep 19, 2012.

1. misterjay macrumors regular

Hello guys. Gonna make it sweet and simple.. need help.

Me and my sister both had the iPhone 4's and the contracts expired this june (ordered it two years ago launch date) so we got our iPhone 4's UNLOCKED. Mine is still usable and currently using it, no problems but the the home button is a little worn down. Not a problem.

My Sisters iPhone completely died and we took it to the Genuis bar. They said that the motherboard is done and it wont even charge or work. It's completely done so keep in mind, this is the unlocked iPhone 4 that we got it unlocked from ATT. She went ahead and bought a new one for $160(or $150..) from Apple and it's not unlocked.

Can we do something about this? Would like to have it unlocked again.

2. monkeydodo3 macrumors member

Try to go back to the Genius Bar and explain to them about your situation. They should've sent you a receipt to the e-mail the iPhone was registered to with the transaction ID, serial number of the old phone, and the serial number and IMEI number of the new phone. Print out all of those receipts and bring it to them. They should've replaced it with an unlocked phone.

3. Chopstick217 macrumors regular

Chopstick217

You can get the IMEI unlocked from various eBay sellers. I had 3 of my iPhone 4S unlocked this way.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have to contact AT&T again and tell them you had the iphone 4 swapped out at Apple and would like the replacement unlocked also.
    They might ask for the receipt of the transaction so you should have it by email or paper. if you lost it contact apple for a copy or maybe AT&T will unlock it without the proof of apple replacing it.