Help !! iPhone 4 Unlocked No Service

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by narutoninjakid, Jan 30, 2013.

1. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

hey guys i bought an iPhone of of eBay and had it factory unlocked. I bought the phone to sell it and am not sure where to go next. I don't have any services with AT&T or T-Mobile but i managed to get my hands on a regular T-Mobile sim. i used a micro cutter and cut the SIM but when i put it in the phone it says No service and when i go to cellular and remove automatic and select T-Mobile it says Cell service is restricted for T-Mobile and AT&t. i don't want to sell the phone if its not working.

My question is do i have to have an activated SIM or something for the card to pick up their service? OR should i just send the phone out and the buyer will have an active sim card that can activate it.

the phone is on iOS 6.1 , Unlocked as i got the iTunes unlock message and it says Modem Firmware 04.12.05

i find it funny as the phone is picking up the SIM and it knows its a t mobile one but it doesn't show bars. Also when i enter the SIM card it says i have a voice mail but i don't know how to make it connect from that.

I have not called customer service from either party as i dont have any of their services and on their site you need to be registered to talk to them. Do i need to call customer service ? Any advice from anyone

Also i reset network settings and erased all contents multiple times to no avail. does anyone know whats wrong?

2. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502