Help! Iphone 4 will not power up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gentleman00, Apr 8, 2011.

1. gentleman00, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011

gentleman00 macrumors 6502

I left my iphone on my table this morning in Portland, and it happens to be a sunny today. I am not sure if it is due to the heat exposure or not?

1. I plugged it into my imac since it told me to connect to itunes, which I did.
    2. Now the gray apple logo flashes on and off every 10-15 seconds.
    3. I tried holding down the home button and the power switch to boot up the iphone but without any success.

Any thoughts? Does it have to something with the battery? When I unplug it from the wall socket the logo disappears , but when I plug it back in, the logo comes back on, but nothing else happens.

And, Itunes does not recognize it as we speak. But the phone keeps telling me to connect it to itunes.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

See if it needs to be charged if still nothing then bring it to Apple for an exchange.

3. gentleman00 thread starter macrumors 6502

Its under warranty for one year? I recall you had to purchase a warranty within 30 days, no?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, its a full year from the day purchased.
    You can setup repair below by making an appointment at your nearest Apple store or thru the mail with the link below. Up to you.
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

5. gentleman00 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!