Resolved Help!! - iPhone 6+ hung cannot reboot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tumbleweed666, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Tumbleweed666, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

My iPhone has become almost unresponsive. I cant select anything on the screen except in a couple of circumstances, which means if i hold the power button down until i get the red "slide to restart" prompt it doesnt 'feel' the slide so it wont restart.

But it must be software not a screen issue because the screen will respond to slide up from the bottom when i get the little config scree,n and if part way up i touch that it closes. Also the call accept/reject buttons work for incoming calls

Also if I plug it into another computer a dialogue box comes up "trust this computer" and it accepts either a yes or a no touch in the box.

I tried popping the SIM out to see if that jolted it into a different state but it didnt.

And I cant restore from a backup because in order to do that I need to go into settings and turn off "find my iPhone"!! Catch 22.

Is there any other entirely physical way to reboot this puppy ? Currently I've started a Facetime call to it and I'm letting it run until the battery runs out!

OS 9.02

TIA

2. conan-kun macrumors regular

3. Tumbleweed666 thread starter macrumors 68000

Doh!:oops: How did I miss that? I did look but somehow missed the absolutely obvious. :eek:

Thanks very much conan-kun that did the trick (second option down that page, press and hold home and power buttons together for about 10 seconds) its all OK after the reboot