[Help]iPhone 6 Plus on boot loop, won't restore/update on iTunes because phone just reboots

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ShadyKlutz, Jul 6, 2017.

1. ShadyKlutz macrumors newbie

ShadyKlutz

Hi! I'm new here and I'm really desperate to find a way to fix my phone.

My iPhone 6 Plus is on boot loop, won't restore/update on iTunes because phone just reboots during the process even if it's on "restore" mode. iTunes just gives me error 4013. The problem still persists even after trying to update it many, many times!

Here's a video of the boot loop, if it helps.

I went to Power Mac Center (an authorized Apple dealer here in our country) to have it fixed and after some diagnostic procedures they did to my phone, they said that my phone can't be fixed anymore and that I need to swap it for a brand-new unit. I found it sketchy considering my phone still boots, only it is on boot loop. Plus the trade-in price is almost as expensive as the iPhone 7.

My guess is that this is a hardware problem. Before this happened, I had my glass film changed and the lady who changed it peeled it off so hard that the touch screen assembly is now slightly detached from the rest of its body. Then the screen would start to flicker and the touch screen wouldn't function so often. I had to twist my phone so it would function again. Then one day, it just overheated out of nowhere so I had to put it in an airconditioned room overnight to cool it down. The next day, I checked it and it won't turn on. Its battery was drained so I charged it. When the power went on, the boot loop started.

2. Audit13 macrumors 6502a

Audit13

Sounds like the screen repair is the cause of the phone problems. It's possible that there are damaged connections or components in the phone.