Help Iphone 7 please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nfernandez89, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Nfernandez89 macrumors newbie

Hi guys i speak little english i from argentina, i bought 2 iphone 7 in best buy in orlando ... and this iphones are locked ... when i was there seller said me its unlocked u can use in argentina .. but cant ..

I try activate with a sim card of verizon and 1 iphone work now ! .. but the other iphone no .. sim invalid ..

IMEI: 3558300......
    Serial: F4GTD4.....
    Modelo: iPhone 7
    Operador: US Reseller Flex (iPhone de USA sin activar)
    Libre: No
    Activado: No

Se puede liberar: Sí*

*Para liberarlo has de activar el iPhone con una SIM de AT&T USA y posteriormente solicitar la liberación PREMIUM de dicho operador.

Can someone help me ? What i can do ? Thanks guys !!
    I will never go to best buy again ..

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

If they were new phones and you activated each one with a Verizon SIM first then they should both be unlocked. If you didn't use a Verizon SIM as the first one, then the phone might not be unlocked. Or if the phones were somehow not brand new and someone already activated them, then they might be locked based on how they were previously activated.

3. Nfernandez89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you ! 2 iphones are new ! .. i try with at&t sim .. maybe active the other iphone !

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you do try a SIM that is not a Verizon SIM you might activate the phone, but it will likely be locked to that provider (like AT&T, for example).

5. alex.houston macrumors member

I'm guessing you have tried already restarting the phone (with a new SIM that works in Argentina installed).
    If that doesn't work, backup phone if needed, then restore iPhone from iTunes. See Apple document "How to unlock your iPhone":
    https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201328
    I've done it in the past using a computer with iTunes installed, so I recommend that option (if you have a computer with iTunes installed available). iTunes shows a message "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked" (or something like that) during the process. I have never tried this using iCloud Backup option.

6. Nfernandez89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks alex! I cant try .. because the iphone is not activated .. i cant use it .. and when connect with itunes .. it said: sim not valid ... i cant go to settings and the iphone cant iniciate .. sry for my english

7. alex.houston macrumors member

Try removing SIM, restarting the phone, and then connecting to iTunes.

8. HDFan macrumors 6502

If the phones are new or covered with applecare you can contact Apple support and use them as an additional resource. I've used them in Argentina and they were quite helpful, even directing me to an English speaking representative since I am horrible with spoken Spanish.