Help, iPhone can't get 3g connection and 3g icon doesn't show

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by loudspeaker, Feb 1, 2010.

1. loudspeaker macrumors newbie

Hi

i'm using a iphone 3g, on 3.1.2 (BlackRa1n unlocked), even when the 3g is enable, the 3g icon is not shown on the screen, it is alway a small circle GPRS i guess, is the speed is not 3g for sure. i'm sure i'm covered in 3g network, and i've tried to put my sim on other iphone it works

please help

2. eravendj macrumors newbie

I'm having the same kinda problem, I have 3g on and i'm in a 3g area but for what ever reason the phone switches from the 3g to the edge network. The only thing I've been able to do is restart the phone, or turn 3g off then back on and its seems to work on 3g for awhile. By the way, its still locked.

3. loudspeaker thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply, i've actually tried everything but nothing works

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Some SIM cards are not 3G compatible, just in case it's that. For example Orange UK have 2G-only SIMS. That would give you this problem.

5. loudspeaker thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your message, but i've tried to put my sim card into another iphone, and it works fine with 3g network

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Then I would take it into the shop where you bought it and show them that it does not receive 3G, get them to exchange it. Maybe the antenna has failed.