[Help] iPhone doesn't start

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cheesyappleuser, May 27, 2011.

1. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Hi everyone :)

Yesterday, in order to speed up my jailbroken iPhone 4 with 4.3.3 firmware, I disabled some libraries (which now I know I shouldn't have disabled), such as AppList and sandcastle.

This morning, iPhone was stuck in Apple logo, and about 20 minutes later it showed that loader that we can see in respring, but phone didn't do anything at all.

However, I think I can fix this problem by botting phone in safe mode, this is, boot with all Cydia's tweaks disabled. This way I'd be able to re-enable all the libraries.

So, is there any tool which ables me to boot my iPhone in it safe mode?

Thanks in advance ;)

2. cheesyappleuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Please my iPhone 4 is dead!
    Please tell me how to go to safe mode... :'(

3. SamS60R macrumors newbie

Don't know about a safe mode but when my iphone hung the other day i still had acces to the file system via iphone browser (windows sw) plus sync in itunes was still working. No idea how you disabled the libs ? Delete ?

4. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

i think your stuck man. You need those libraries enabled to boot. If you disabled them with a tweak, you cant get past the load up sequence without them. To even get into Safe Mode you need to get past the load up screen. I think your only hope is to get into DFU mode and restore your phone.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Dude, the iphone 4 is plenty fast.
    I dont know why some of you bother trying to speed it up a fraction of a second and go thru all this mess? And in the end messing it up.
    You will have to restore and rejailbreak most likely. Dont know if it will boot up again or if you can get in thru ssh and try to put back everything you removed or edited.

6. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

Late thought, have you tried something like IphoneBrowser? See if you can get into the filesystem without SSH?