Help! iPhone dropped in the toilet!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by arielle987, Sep 26, 2012.

1. arielle987 macrumors newbie

I dropped my iPhone in the toilet today at school at about 1:00pm. I grabbed it right away and turned on the screen. It flashed and I figured it would be okay, but shook the water out anyway. By the time I was done, the phone had stopped working. I couldn't do anything more with it until 4:00pm when I got home, when I then proceeded to fill a Tupperware container with Minute Rice and put my phone inside.

I'm just wondering if the amount of time it sat idle with possible water within will have any affect on my further steps in the process of bringing it to life.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Thank you!

2. CatsTide macrumors 6502

I'd let it sit in the rice for a couple of days before I tried turning it on again.

3. troubleonline macrumors 6502a

troubleonline

DH dropped his in a puddle a couple of months ago(it was sat in the puddle for about 20 mins - don't ask!) and we tried this but later learned we had not put enough rice in. We eventually got a brief sign of life after three days so took it to a local iPhone repairer who strippped it down and dried it out - only cost £50 as no new parts were required.