iPhone 7(+) Help! iPhone keeps getting this message.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Freddy73, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Freddy73 macrumors newbie

Freddy73

I just bought an iPhone 7 plus, and since I started using it, I keep getting this annoying message at all hours of the day: REG-RESP?v=3;r=1849759488;n=+4799404842;s=025AAC01CDFFFFFFFF217C134C22FB31FFD275

It comes from a hidden number, and several hours of Googling has told me that this is a message in connection with iMessage. Supposedly it is an iMessage from Apple that went wrong somehow. It is not blockable.

Now, how do I stop this message from coming to my phone every 2 hours or so?

I have deregistered my phone number at Apple, iMessage and Facetime are OFF. Still this message keeps coming to my phone. It even comes to my Samsung work phone where I have the same number.

I need help. I just can't go on getting this message all the time. I will end up having to sell my iPhone 7 if I can not get a solution for this.

Any suggestions?

2. Helmsley macrumors regular

Helmsley

That looks like an iMessage activation error. Follow all the steps in this article;

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201422

If that doesn't work, try signing out of your Apple ID on your device, restart, then sign in again. Let us know how you get on.

3. Freddy73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Freddy73

Thank you, but I am really not trying to activate iMessage. I do not use iMessage, and I have deactivated it long ago. I just want to stop getting this message.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you are adamant about not turning on iMessage long enough to try and get that silent activation string turned off, you should call Apple or go to the Apple Store, if one is close by.

5. Freddy73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Freddy73

I tried to turn on iMessage, and it activated just fine. Then I switched it off again. Now, we'll see if the message comes back. There is no Apple Store in my country unfortunately, so calling them would be the only option if the problem persists.

6. Helmsley macrumors regular

Helmsley

As daft as it sounds, you may need to activate iMessage in order to clear the message you keep receiving.

Try switching iMessage off, then restart your device, then turn iMessage back on (the restart in between is important). Leave iMessage on for at least 24 hours before switching it off - Apple say it can take up to 24 hours to activate.

You might be able to do online live chat with Apple Support. In some cases they can do remote diagnostics to help you with the issue.

7. Freddy73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Freddy73

Message came again. Maybe I have to leave iMessage on for a while to clear this message? It is annoying though. I use iPhone so that I don't have to deal with this kind of crap. Now, my Samsung looks better and better.

8. IowaLynn macrumors 65816

IowaLynn

You said,
    I just bought an iPhone 7 plus - so can assume it is used unit? I'd do a factory reset and insure it was signed out by prior owner. You had a different iPhone prior to this? Transferred your old SIM card to the 7 Plus?

9. Freddy73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Freddy73

Used iPhone 7 yes. The owner had signed out properly and it was reset. I transferred my sim card from an iPhone 6, which never had this problem.

10. Azzin macrumors 601

Azzin

11. IowaLynn macrumors 65816

IowaLynn

12. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Any particular reason why you wish to have iMessage deactivated? What benefits does it give you?

13. protar macrumors newbie

protar

That's how big brand plays the game with their app. Similarly, iMessage iOS app doing the same to you. They are trying to force you to stay!