Help. Iphone not detected by my Laptop.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kamuill, Sep 21, 2013.

1. kamuill macrumors newbie

Today my brother was playing with my jailbroken iphone 5 and decided he wanted to upgrade to ios 7. He chose to reset it on the phone and now it is has the spinning wheel of death. I try to plug it into my laptop, but the laptop doesn't detect it at all. I turn on itunes and it is not there. I took my cousins iphone 5 and plugged it in, and it was detected, however mines does not detect. In addition to this pickle, my power/wake/sleep button has been broken for some time now. I followed the instruction by redsnow on how to put it into dfu mode, but how would it help since my laptop doesn't detect the iphone from the beginning?

HELP PLEASE!!!

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

DFU mode and restore, it won't detect it because of the mode it's now in (erase all settings is the worst thing you can do when jailbroken). DFU mode, restore, and that's it, it will detect your phone.

You'll lose your jailbreak though, but that's unavoidable at this point unfortunately.