Help! iPhone OS 3.0 B3 with Shure MPA-3C

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mobilehavoc, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

So iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 3 is working perfectly on my iPhone 3G and life is good, or so I thought. I have a Shure E110 headphones and a Shure MPA-3C adaptor that has a mic and button that emulates Apple headphone functionality. It's worked flawlessly with OS 2.x but 3.0 betas don't seem to work with the button.

I can't click it once to pause, twice to skip and three times to go to previous track like I used to. It's extremely irritating but I can't figure out yet if it's my adaptor, phone or something weird in my particular instance.

Does anybody have the Shure MPA-3C adaptor with a OS 3.0 beta and can you report your results??

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

How 'bout not using a pre-release beta that's for developer testing?

3. mobilehavoc thread starter macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

Thanks for your feedback, I'm a developer and expecting my headphones to work isn't a stretch.

I love how people think being a developer is some type of amazing achievement...any joe shmoe can pay $99 and become a "developer" so get off your high horse. :rolleyes:

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

My Shure adapter works fine in b3 for play/pause and skipping tracks.

5. Atrejoe macrumors newbie

Same here

I too have the MPA-3C adapter. Not only does the the button not function. The mic records no sounds as well.

This has been an issue with OS2 and OS3 (release). I have a 16GB 3G.

Strangely the microphone does work on a friends' iPhone 3G OS3 (8GB), and even more strangely, the original supplied microphone/headphone does work on my phone.

6. Atrejoe macrumors newbie

7. kellyrmilligan macrumors newbie

This was a lifesaver! stupid piece of lint

Found this forum finally, and a paperclip to clean out the lint fixed the issue right away! thanks!