[HELP] iPhone screen not working, how to remove jailbreak before sending in to Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alxfg, Aug 24, 2016.

1. alxfg macrumors newbie

So here's the thing : after a fall, my iPhone 6s screen stopped working. The phone itself still works : I hear it ringing when people call me, it is recognized by my Macbook Pro.

I want to bring it to an Apple Store, but I'd like to : - Sync it on iTunes first - Remove my jailbreak

I was thinking of updating iOS, but the problem is that iTunes tells me that it couldn't connect to the phone because it is password protected, but I can't unlock it since neither my screen nor my home button (where I have Touch ID configured) work.

Anybody have any idea what my options are?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Turn the iphone off.
    Leave itunes open and running on the computer.
    Plug the iphone to the computer via USB and as soon as you plug it in keep holding down the home button for 30-45 seconds.
    Itunes will recognize the iphone is in recovery mode and will ask you if you want to restore it.
    Click yes.

3. alxfg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, tried that, but it asks me to unlock my sim card, which I can't do since I don't see what's displayed...

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You did not do it right then. Try again.
    It doesn't ask you to unlock anything or has anything to do with unlocking the SIM card.
    Google a video on how to enter restore mode or dfu mode.

5. alxfg thread starter macrumors newbie

You were right : I did it properly this time, but now when i plug in my iPhone, iTunes says that there's a problem with it and that i should look for the closest Apple Store...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ok, at least you know the jb is gone and you can bring it in the way it is to Apple for repair or replacement.
    The restore process probably detected the hardware fault.

7. alxfg thread starter macrumors newbie

Makes sense.

Thanks, you might have saved me a lot of money