HELP - iphone + water + now working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richxps, Apr 3, 2009.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hi all, quick question. I have a iphone 3g that fell in a puddle ,it did not work so i bought a new one. So two weeks later i pluged it in and i got the battery with lighning bolt, so i left it over night and all of a sudden its back to its self ? It works just like it use it and i put my sim back it and i can make calls and do everything and the water indicater is red. So what happend ? Im going to give it to my wife to use now we can both have iphones but is this just some luck i had with the phone ?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

I think you had incredibly good luck that the iPhone is fully functional again.

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

it dried out? ;)

4. hippo206 macrumors 6502

i think the title should be:

iphone + water = now working

or the orginal title should be:

Help - (iphone + water +now working) = Richxps

5. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

lol, yea i guess my title is a little off.

Im still just amazed that it works again, even with the water indicator on. Wonder if one day it will just stop working again ? Weird but ill have my wife use it for the next few weeks and see what happens and update the thread.
    I guess if anyone has a water damaged iphone just keep playing around with it and pressing the rest and plug it in the wall a few times and or leave it over night and you might have the same luck as i had.

6. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

FYI: The water indicator is just a sticker that turns colors when the iPhone is exposed to too much moisture. It isn't a kill switch. It is so the Apple Geniuses know that it was in contact with water, therefore voiding the warranty. Even if the iPhone dries out, the sticker remains pink/red.

7. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

So thats just a sticker ? Is there a way to change it or may be white it out again ?

8. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Not without hassle.