HELP! iphone wont turn on-have tried everything

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by laurenbeth, Dec 19, 2009.

1. laurenbeth macrumors newbie

:confused:
    Hi, Have an iphone 3gs 16gb
    Last night I had just ended a call and then a couple mins later went to check the time and the phone was dead. I had more than half battery left, & I tried master reset all day long. I plugged it in for a couple hours and still nothing- does not show that its charging. My phone did get wet by water back in July (phone slipped off the couch into my glass of water-which was not full & I immediately took it out, I had the Otter box case on it which is water resistant)- not bad I was just cautious so I left it in rice for days & its worked just fine ever since until now.

I took it to Genius Bar today & they said since the watermarks are pink there is nothing they can do, I would have to pay $199 to get a new one.

Could the battery just have gone bad like that?

Is there somewhere that fixes them?

Please help me, I am just sick over this especially right b4 Christmas.
    Thanks for your help & time reading this,
    Lauren

2. RadiTeru macrumors newbie

I hope this helps!!!

Hold the sleep and Home button at the same time and wait.
    You should have it in the battery charger and if you have it in it
    you should see a battery and your iphone will recharge so you can use it again.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Most likelly a hardware problem.
    But since the water sensors were tripped Apple wont touch it.
    Not much you can do than get another one for $199.
    Try selling the old one on ebay, even though its not functional you should get at least $50+ for it.