Help Iphone wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gamecockfan1214, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Gamecockfan1214 macrumors member

Hi guys my gf has an iphone and shes a couple hundred miles away. She said she went to plug her phone and it made a weird noise and now her phone wont turn on. She was just plugging it in to her normal charger and i guess maybe something fried. I've talked her through try to get into dfu mode and stuff but it hasnt even tried to turn on. This happend to my ipod touch and i went to the genius bar and they just got me a new one. Shes still under her 1 year warranty and i was wondering if she went if the genius bar just pretty much hand her a new one.

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Uhhhh, yes.

3. mkstewartesq@co macrumors regular

Maybe. I had a 1G iPhone, never a problem - bought a 3G, had dust under the glass after a few months, got it replaced. The refurb they gave me worked great for a couple of weeks, then, one day, stayed stuck at the apple logo boot screen. I never jail broke it. Took it to the apple store - they couldn't get any further than me and gave me a new one. My guess is that the logic board on the 3G gave out. They're pretty good about these things, especially if within warranty, and so long as there was no jailbreaking.

M

4. Gamecockfan1214 thread starter macrumors member

well even if it was jailbroken theres no way for them to tell corect. I have mine jailbroken and i just didnt think if something like this were to happen that they would be able to tell.

5. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

2G not 1G.

and i had a problem once before jailbreaking and once after - wouldn't power on. however i did the power reset trick

(hold home and power buttons, for like.. ever) eventually it came on - and ever since then... no problems.

i find when i restart the iPhone more often (aka when on trips and on and off in the airplane) it doesn't take as long