HELP... iPod files to cleared iTunes???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by AcousTronic, Aug 8, 2007.

1. AcousTronic macrumors newbie

My Hard Drive died, so I shipped the laptop off to Apple. Now, I have nothing in iTunes on the new Hard Drive and therefore cannot hook iPod to sync, as syncing would now clear it.

How do I get my iPod files back into iTunes? :confused:

A "Genius" at the store told me it can be done, but it's not an "Apple supported" feature, so he couldn't tell me how.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

3. AcousTronic thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome!! Thank you both for the quick response.

UPDATE: checked out the 'ipod disk' link, watched the video, but saw in the comments some people had luck with Senuti, so I tried that first cause they made it sound so simple... Big Mistake, Senuti didn't work for what I needed, and got hung up on a file and kept quiting.

So, then I went back, downloaded ipod disk, and wished I had gone with that from the beginning, it was simple!! But note: I copied my ipod files to my desktop then tried to drop them into the itunes library, with no success. So, I opened each file from my desktop and it automatically opened them in itunes and they were there to stay. I did have to reset my playlists, but at least I had my tunes and vids in iTunes so that I can now sync again!! Thanks a bunch!!