iPod touch HELP iPod Password!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dima470, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Okay my sister is stupid and forgot her iPod passcode. Her iPod is jailbroken and i can access its root through iExplorer. My question is can someone tell me which plist I can find the passcode in? I know you can do it if you forgot your restrictions code. Her iPod needs to be unlocked. Very important information is on there. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

2. Dark Dragon macrumors member

How to manually reset the passcode

To Manually Reset the Passcode:
    1) Install any desktop software for browsing the iphone filesystem (iPhoneBrowser/iFunBox/SSH/DiskAid trial version).

2) Navigate to the directory /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and delete "com.apple.springboard.plist"

3) Then you can navigate to the directory /var/Keychains/ and delete "keychain-2.db"

4) After deleting the last file, reboot the iphone.

To give you an idea on how this worked, the com.apple.springboard.plist file contains the setting of your passcode turned-on. Deleting this resets the toggles back to default (after the final reboot) and takes care of that part of the problem. But since a passcode was already defined, the "keychain-2.db" file contains that information and deleting it clears everything up after the final reboot. Note that all other stored passwords you have on your iphone are also cleared along with it though.

3. estrides macrumors regular

estrides

Awesome tip. I always forget where to go to do this for my father...:rolleyes:

4. Bent240 macrumors newbie

Im using ifunbox and was able to back some things up but cant find the /var/ folders or the .plist files by searching. Is it because the ipod 4g touch isnt jailbroken? If so is there a way to do it if it isn't jailbroke? Its my nieces and im hoping I can do this without restoring it

5. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Try /Private/var/mobile
    Or Root/Private/var/mobile

Some unix symbolic links might not be "read" by iFunBox. Just a wild guess since I don't use iFunBox and never have.