Help! IPod Touch 1st Gen stuck on usb and itunes screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bxbomberzny, Nov 9, 2009.

1. bxbomberzny macrumors newbie

Ok so first i tried to jailbreak it, so i used pwnage tool and got the ipsw, my first problem is that i dont know if the itouch i picked works for the first gen cuz it doesnt show anything for first gen specifically, second, when i put it in the usb and connected it to my macbook, DFU doesnt work, and idk if u even need DFU mode for it, but when i put in the custom ISPW while restoring it said preparing ipod for restore and then went to error and on my ipod touch screen it showed the itunes icon and a usb cable under it.

I would appreciate if anyone could assist me, Thank You!:D

2. avrpatsfan macrumors member

You must have used blackra1n. It is a tethered jailbreak. You have to run blackra1n every time you turn off your ipod touch. I use it for my ipod touch 3rd gen. I reccomend you jailbreak it with another jailbreak tool. The only reason I used it because it is the only option for me since I have a 3rd generation. Just run the program.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Only for the 3rd gen. OP said he had a first gen, so it shouldn't be tethered. Sorry, have no clue what went wrong.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Try either Restore or DFU Mode and then apply the custom IPSW. Instructions for both are in my sig.

5. bxbomberzny thread starter macrumors newbie

is DFU mode the same as Recovery mode? cuz i dont think the macbook i have can go into DFU mode...

6. bxbomberzny thread starter macrumors newbie

Well after a few hours of figuring this stuff out i finally got it lol...

Thanks for the help, appreciate it! :cool: