Resolved Help: iPod Touch 2nd Gen won't boot up.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cammyg123, Nov 19, 2013.

1. cammyg123, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014

cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

Hey guys,

I recently found my old iPod Touch 2nd Gen 8gb and I wanted to start using it again, but it won't seem to boot up. I've tried the 30 pin charger to boot it, but nothing happens when I hold the sleep button.

Any thoughts or ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.:)

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Hey, I've got one of those! Haha, but really. If it's been off for a long time, it may need to charge up a little before it will even respond, mine did that once after it got discharged and didn't get plugged back in for a few days. I just left it on the charger for like an hour and came back and it was fine.

My third gen on the other hand randomly died, under warranty, and Apple said it was "water damaged" and refused to service it because the sticker in the headphone jack was missing... It never came back to life.

Anyway, I'd leave it plugged in for a while and see if it gets anything, or if it comes up in iTunes. If not, check it under a light and see if the backlight is out. If it's still dead, than it may just be dead or the logic board may be corroded or just plain non-functional.

Hope for the best!

3. cammyg123 thread starter macrumors regular

cammyg123

Thanks for the insight.

I'llbe sure to try that! Thanks a lot!