HELP - iPod Touch 3G - Screen is Neon??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elygee, Jan 11, 2011.

1. elygee macrumors newbie

Please help.. I just bought a second hand iPod Touch and the icons on the screen are "neon" (like a an old photo negative). It is also like this when you try to play games! When I bought it they told me it was just how it was setup and would revert to normal when I connected to iTunes and reset it. Surprise surprise, not so.. Please help me.... My 6 year old saved all his money to buy this ipod and I feel sick that I was possibly ripped off..

Please don't comment how stupid I am for buying a secondhand ipod and expecting the people to be honest and reliable - I already know that!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Its probably in Inverse Colour mode. To turn it off open Settings>General>Accessibility> turn off Invert Colours.

3. elygee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply

I can go Settings>General>

but there is no Accessibility?? My choices are; About, Network, Bluetooth, Location Services, Home Button, Auto-Lock, Passcode Lock, Restrictions, Date & Time, Keyboard, International, Reset.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Really? Are you sure it's a 3G iPod Touch and not a 2G? All 3G iPod Touches (32Gb and 64Gb only) have the Accessibility Settings. The 2G and 3G 8Gb don't. Can you upload a screenshot? Press the lock button and home button to take on. You'll find the resulting picture in the camera roll in the pictures app.

5. elygee thread starter macrumors newbie

Could be a 2G? I am not a real tech person unfortunately.

Weird thing - I just did the screenshot and the pic that it takes is normal..! Doesn't show it as having inversed colours at all.

I am having trouble uploading a pic. will try again soon :)

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The inverted/correct colours thing is a sign that the its in Invert Colour mode. What size is the iPod? Also, when connect to iTunes, do you see an option for accessibility options on the iPod summary screen in iTunes?

7. elygee thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a 2G - 16GB. No option for accessibilty in iTunes. I have been trawling the net for hours, can't seem to find any solution. Am very annoyed with myself

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm truly baffled at how you got a 2G iPod Touch into Invert Colour mode. Have you tired restoring it in iTunes, then not restoring it in iTunes?

9. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

That's... scary.

2G iPods should not have that option for "Negative" (White on Black)

Restore it on iTunes and see if it helps. You probably should have asked the seller how it got that way in the first place. Can you email him and ask?

Also, this probably won't help; but just try clicking the home button 3 times at a rapid speed.

I'm not a jailbreak know-it-all, infact, I know nothing about it, but could it be possible that the iPod is jailbroken and set on this?

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Its possible that the setting was turned on, using a different iPod or a jailbreak hack. But I didn't think the 2G firmware had support for Invert Colour mode.

11. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. But I could be wrong as the only iPod I have ever owned was the 4G.