Help! iPod Touch 5g battery issues!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amj23, Nov 2, 2013.

1. amj23 macrumors newbie

Hello, I just bought my ipod touch 5g last year and now I'm having battery issues. I plug it in to charge, the charging icon apears, it displays the " battery charging " words ( I'm running ios7), I leave my ipod for two hours, I come back, and I'm only at 20% charged.
    I don't know if I should send it back? Is this an ios7 bug? It doesn't seem to be my charging cable nor the wall adapter.
    If you guys have similar problems please let me know.
    Any advice would be greatly apreciated!
    Thnk you in advance ;-)

2. hoodedwarbler12 macrumors regular

Make sure you set mail to manual fetching. That seems to be the main thing draining mine during sleep.

3. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

It should charge much faster than that, doubt it is an iOS issue. Best way to test that is to do a full restore without restoring from a backup.

First though, I would change out the charging brick. I've had ones go bad that show charging but don't output the right wattage anymore, they would do exactly as you describe.

4. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Hmm. My battery is running down ridiculously fast on my iPod Touch 5G, and I've had it only for a few months. I'm on ios7 and haven't installed anything crazy. It takes a super long time to charge and shows very little charged too. So put down another person with a problem.

5. Zmanbaseball2, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013

Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Help! iPod Touch 5g battery issues!

My iPod touch 5 takes an hour or two to fully charge. Faster than my iPhone by a lot. I got a replacement before for battery issues already. I am using this wall charger:
    Anker® 36W/7.2A Quad-Port Compact USB Wall Charger / Travel Charger for iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4; iPad 5, Air, mini; Kindle; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Note 3, 2; Neuxs 5; LG G2; Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX; HTC One X V S and more--Good solution to your power hungry devices while travelling
    http://amzn.com/B00EI8SS4U

6. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Ditto on the two-hour (or less) charge time for my iPod T5. If I use my 12W Apple brick, it really charges fast.

As to the OP, make sure you have bluetooth off when you're not using it.

7. GoSUV macrumors member

Do a power cycle on the device, this is to make sure if there is a process or app that got hung or improperly closed, to kill it and clean it off the CPU cycles and frees up memory. Make sure you are really powering it off by holding the sleep/wake button long enough until you see the "slide to power off" message, and not just merely sleeping it.

Also make sure the charger is outputing adequate current to charge the battery. The typical 0.5A will take longer obviously, but using a 1A or even 2A charger shouldn't hurt it, but will definitely speed it up a lot. If all else fails, I would bring it to a genius bar and have them take a look at it.

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I don't think the OP is looking at this thread anymore... He never updated us with any info.