Help | iPod Touch is jumping out of DFU mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Builds, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Builds macrumors newbie

So here's the thing - couple days ago a friend gave my his iPod Touch and told me it's not turning on and he knows i undertstand a bit about those stuff so he gave to me.
    So I got home and turned on the iPod and saw on the screen that the iPod is in restore mode:

[​IMG]

so i thought this is simple - let's just restore it to 2.2, right? apparently it's not that simple - i got like 1000 1640 errors (i tried to restore in 3 differrnt PCs and from all USB ports exists).

now, by what my friend told me i understood that the iPod is still on the same firmware it was when he bought it (1.1) so i tried to get it out of Restore Mode using softwares like iLiberty and iBrick and it didn't work.

Now here's the funny thing - i read like everywhere that no matter what - u can never get out of DFU mode and u have to restore. I connected the iPod, entered the DFU mode and started to restore, then the PC made a few sounds like the iPod was disconnected and the iPod was in restore mode all over again.

I tried to restore to every version exist - 2.0 / 1.1 / 1.1.4 / 1.1.5 / 2.2 and more - nothing works. here's the video of what is happening:

http://www.techlife.co.il/asas.wmv

edit: i forgot to mention that i tried enterint DFU mode also not by manual way - also by apps like ilberty and ziphone and more

2. Builds thread starter macrumors newbie