Help, Ipod Touch Makes Me Furious!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alluringdeceit, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Alluringdeceit macrumors newbie

Hi,

long time mac user.
    first experience with ipod touch. It's irritating me, highly.
    a friend brought it to me in need.

story is;
    his wife booted him out, he got in the house while she wasnt there. He could only grab so much, his shady soon to be ex-wife changed the passcode on his ipod touch. we cant get in the house to get the warranty and obviously we aren't able to use the original computer it was synced to. Ipod is reading "disabled". I can't get into it without the code because we tried too many times.

How do i restore it completely?

I could care less if all data on it is lost, I can easily replace the music library from my computer.

I suppose in reality i just want to know if there is a manual way, without connection to itunes to restore this bitch.

"Ipod is disabled. Connect to itunes"

"Itunes could not connect to ipod because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter the passcode on the ipod before it can be used with itunes"

I'm damn near ready to kill it.

FML. >.<

Help.

message me: SN-ALLURINGDECEIT
    OR EMAIL: alluringdeceit@yahoo.com

kthx

2. GedBlue macrumors member

GedBlue

Slightly controversial - especially as it's your 'friends' iPod touch but can be easily replaced with the music on 'your' library - a bit strange.

Either way, you can plug an iPod into iTunes without a passcode - at least that works for myself for example if my iPhone is locked, I can plug it into iTunes still.

Otherwise, the passcode is there for security, so there's no way around it -if there was it would be of no use as a security feature.

3. qbricc macrumors member

Wow!

Why would you get rid of a wife who knows so much about the inner workings of an ipod touch.;)

The problem with this kind of post is it sounds a bit like: "Hi I just stole a ipod, how do I unlock it."

I'm not saying that this is what happened but it sounds dodgy.

4. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

Been a while since we've had one of these threads...

I'm sure it all seems very errr.. believable to at least one or two in here

5. Alluringdeceit thread starter macrumors newbie

My appologies...

sorry if it sounds bad, i know.

to the earlier post, the only reason i can replace what i was/is on the ipod touch currently is because i have a huge music library and we listen to all the same music.

i can see exactly what you guys are saying about it sounding like it's stolen.

just a really bad situation, the crazy wife also decided she needed to smash his 42" television against the entertainment center, and throw his x-box 360 across the room. The ipod is also damaged, it's got a nice crack in the screen, but luckily still works.

at the moment, he just wants it to work, because here in a week or so he has to drive his son (from another marriage) back down to Oklahoma, which is a 24 or so hour drive, one way from where we're located. The ipod would be nice to have considering he's borrowing his sister's new civic which i guess have adapters for mp3 players?

But hey, if anyone can help me, by all means. If not, no biggie. I told him I wasn't sure if i could get it working cause i've not had any experience with the ipod touch.

6. geoman92 macrumors newbie

geoman92

Poor guy. but what youll have to do is go to my computer while its connected, right click on ipod which will of course be as a camera idk y. but then after right clicking select format and itll erase everything, including the passcode! no problem!

7. Lancing macrumors member

Not accusing anyone of anything but I'm always a little loath when I hear stories like this one.

I'd suggest taking it to the store he bought it to get them to help him unlock/replace it. If that doesn't work try calling Apple.

8. Lancing macrumors member

I know one feature I wish Apple and other manufacturers would include is an anti-theft feature to register your hardware online so if it get stolen it can be crippled by the company the next time the device connects to their network.

Maybe a device hard lock with an error code '1101' or something that displays so staff at a store can recognise it as potentionally stolen if they bring in an iTouch thats not registered to the person.

9. Alluringdeceit thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks geoman92

unfortunately i use MAC, not windows.

I figured out a way, Ipod is restored and working perfectly, even though the big ol' crack in the screen is still there.

Thanks to those who tried to help.

and pitty on those of you who automatically assume it was stolen.

if it had been, i would have said "i stole an ipod, i dont have the code, help me bust in to it." lol.