Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WarEagle149

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
Hey guys i have been trying to restore my IPod touch and no matter what i do it keeps coming up "An Unknown Error Has Occurred (9)" Does anybody know how to fix this so that my ipod can be restored? Also if it helps I am Using a MacBook Pro. Any help on fixing my IPod would be greatly appreciated!

metalhead777

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
California
Hey guys i have been trying to restore my IPod touch and no matter what i do it keeps coming up "An Unknown Error Has Occurred (9)" Does anybody know how to fix this so that my ipod can be restored? Also if it helps I am Using a MacBook Pro. Any help on fixing my IPod would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried reaching Apple Support? Maybe you should take a trip to the Apple Store if your iTouch is still under warranty. If not, well the only choice would be to buy a new one, unless you want to pay for repairs.

WarEagle149

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
its not under warranty anymore and so is there nothing i can do to get it to work from my computer? and if not does anyone know how much the repairs would cost or if its just cheaper to get a new one?

metalhead777

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
California
its not under warranty anymore and so is there nothing i can do to get it to work from my computer? and if not does anyone know how much the repairs would cost or if its just cheaper to get a new one?

Repairs, I believe, are 99$ or somewhere around that price. Maybe more expensive. Maybe I'm getting that confused with sending it to Apple? :eek: Not sure though. I would say buy a new one. :) Glad I could help you with your problem! Hope to see you around on the forums! :D :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.