HELP*** IPOD wont hold a charge

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ATRAIN311, Jul 11, 2007.

1. ATRAIN311 macrumors newbie

I thought it was wierd that my ipod charged really fast, well according to the charger light. Anyways when I tried turning it on it wanted to turn on then off right away. I plugged into a wall charger thinking that it wasnt charged. In a few mins it said charged, then I unplugged it and tried again, and it powered off as soon as I put a song to play. It does work however when plugged in. Any ideas, its only 7 months old, the battery cant be jacked up yet can it?

2. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Well maybe you should leave it one charge for a few hours, if that doesn't work, take it back to apple

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Yes I agree, leave it on charge longer, even overnight. If it still doesn't hold the charge get it replaced under warranty by Apple.

My wife dropped her Nano into the cat's water dish. After leaving it to dry on top of a radiator for two days it worked but wouldn't hold a charge for more than ten minutes. I put it on charge for three days !!! ....... now working properly again .. :)

4. ATRAIN311 thread starter macrumors newbie

Someone told me to do a restore on it, do you think that would help?

5. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

It might if you don't mind losing all your stuff give it a shot. If that doesn't work leave it on the charger over night. If that doesn't work take it back to applez.

6. ATRAIN311 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah all my stuff is on my itunes anyway. Ok ill try that and let you guys know if it works or not.

7. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Nothing beats a try .... ;) Good luck, I hope it works.

FJ