HELP!! is my phone broken?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jgw1283, Sep 17, 2007.

1. jgw1283 macrumors regular

jgw1283

I posted a topic about this in the main forum but nothing has helped....
    so earlier today the 'slide to unlock' feature doesnt work and when I shut off my phone and have access to the main screen again, the bottom 4 dock buttons dont work. Basically the bottom section of the screen does not work for some reason.

I have tried turning it off/on....didnt work
    I have tried doing a soft reset...didnt work

I just synched it so hopefully if I have to exchange it all my stuff is backed up....but that leads me to my next issue...if I take it to an Apple store for exchange, how is that going to work? I also havent used my $100 credit yet and I have read that there is complications when using an exchanged phone ughh!

Someone please help me out, I cant even make calls!

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

take it in, without question. If they want to charge you 30 bucks for a loaner phone while ypurs is out, put up a liitle fuss and tgey might waive it. Or use your credit. Or put your sim in an old phone while its out.

3. jgw1283 thread starter macrumors regular

jgw1283

should I try the 'restore' function or not?

I found this "dead pixel" problem is very prevelant over at the official Apple forums, people are experiencing the same problem I am having.