Help! Is my screen burned?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reach9, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I'm using a mid 2010, 13" MacBook Pro.

Recently I was playing a game, and during one of the cut scenes my screen was dark.
    I then noticed that the middle portion of the screen from the bottom (where it says MacBook Pro) up to about half way, there is a much darker streak. Whereas the other part of the screen was still brighter due to the light. I placed my fingers there, and found it to be much warmer than the sides of the MBP's screen.
    It actually looks like a burnt mark, or a burn streak, similar to that if you burn a wall you'll see a vertical burn mark.

Is this normal? Should I take it in to the Apple Store? I was just going to buy Apple Care too, because i bought my MBP last August.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Sounds like it... picture would be a nice addition. No harm in getting AAPL to look at it.

3. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

seconded, take to genius bar to see what happens

4. Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

I tried taking a pic, but I don't have my DSLR camera on me, and you can't really tell the difference unless you play a game or something that's CPU heavy.
    Is there anything i can do about this?

5. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

if you can't take a picture, at least check your mac's temperature when this problem occurs and tell us the results. you can google "mac temperature" to get an app for that. although if it was overheating (100celcius+) it would automatically shut down to prevent any further problems. sounds wierd, get it to an apple store, the screen might be faulty.

6. WiLLGT09 macrumors regular

WiLLGT09

Hmm, interesting. My old MacBook Pro 17" would get as high as 217º F during heavy video encoding, and when I got my MBP repaired for something else, apparently the fans hadn't been working properly and were replaced. But my Mac never shutdown from heat.

7. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

221 degrees fahrenheit is the limit before it shuts down. You got really close, but not quite