Help!!! Is scratch covered under warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tedwu100, Jun 24, 2011.

1. tedwu100, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011

tedwu100 macrumors member

I accidentally scratched the aluminum side on my iPhone 4, I just got a phone for 1 day. Anyone know if its cover in warranty, that I could get a replacement phone?

2. ben173 macrumors regular

return it and say it came with a scratch

3. tedwu100 thread starter macrumors member

what is they don't believe me? then I'm doomed

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, it’s not covered. Don’t commit fraud like the poster above told you to do.

Edit: And from now on, try to use better thread titles. One word titles like “Help!” don’t “help” anyone to help you.

5. tedwu100 thread starter macrumors member

are you sure? but I replaced my last iphone 4 with a cracked home button, that count as physical damage isnt? And also I saw a person replaced his iphone because of scratched back

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

YOU "accidentally scratched the aluminum side" on YOUR iPhone 4. Not even close to what you describe, which was a manufacturer defect.

If you saw someone get a replacement with a scratched back, it was because the Genius was being nice.

7. tedwu100 thread starter macrumors member

In the Terms and conditions booklet is says "The warranty does not apply to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches"
    Now I couldent get my head around this what does it mean? Does it cover? or does it not???

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you scratched your phone and it's Apples fault?
    Replace it cause of something that you caused and not a manufacturer defect?
    Live with it and next time put a case or be more careful with it instead of trying to pull a scam.

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

It means your warranty doesn't cover scratches...which would be considered a cosmetic damage.

Stop trying to figure out how to get one over on Apple and just enjoy the phone.

10. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

What I would do is open up the phone with a spudger and then cut the cable connecting the front part of the phone to the circuitry. This will disable the touchscreen. Then just put it back together nice and neat and tell the suckers at apple that it malfunctioned :rolleyes:

Its just a scratch. Its not a big deal especially if its on the aluminum part. I would trade my screen scratches for aluminum scratches any day.

11. tedwu100 thread starter macrumors member

yea and they will know that you opened up the phone and void your warranty

12. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

The rolling eyes smiley means he was being sarcastic.

13. tedwu100 thread starter macrumors member

ohh i see

14. tedwu100 thread starter macrumors member

well If like you guys said they wont replace it with a scrach. I just broke the home button of the phone and tell then that my home button is broken

15. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Good luck with that. Your question has been answered multiple times. Sorry that you don't like the answers you've been given. Time to probably close the thread.

And remember...what goes around, comes around.