Help! Is there an App That Can Write Words on Photos Like This? [Pic]

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by VideoNewbie, Jun 10, 2012.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

i have been seeing a lot of these type of word posters on instagram and tumblr. is there any app that can create something like this? ive seen things like versagram and textgram but the fonts are atrocious.

im looking for something where you can have some words bigger than the other, with creative fonts etc. like:
    [​IMG]

2. bollyboy macrumors regular

Hi

Probably not the answer your looking for, but i use instagram often and many times see some great effects/pics people have created. I regularly ask them what app they have used and always get a reply. May be worth asking any poster for some help.

Good luck :)

3. North Bronson macrumors 6502

It is not so much that you have to look for one specific application. Apple published a collection of frameworks that make this work possible. The bitmap image is read with a framework called Core Graphics. The glyphs are laid and printed with a framework called Core Text. That creates a bitmap representation of the finished image that can then be sent back to Core Graphics and exported to a PNG or JPEG.

The hardest part is just choosing which fonts you want to use. The developer would need to bundle those custom fonts with the application bundle.