iPhone Help, is this normal?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Beatbeckham, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Beatbeckham macrumors regular

Hey guys.

I Installed LiveWallpaper. I uninstalled it because it made an empty "first" page.

And, now. I think I have a problem. When I unlock my iPhone after locking it to a page eg. page 2, my iPhone doesnt go back to page nr 1. Is that normal?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You can go into iFile and delete any leftover files/folders from LiveWallpapers and see if that fixes the problem. Just go into iFile, then go back all the way to the first directory, then scroll all the way to the top and search hierarchy for LiveWallpapers. Then delete anything that's leftover. Give this a shot and let me know how you make out. Good luck.

Edit: You could also try deleting the IconState.plist file to see if that works but I've never done this. I'm not positive, but I think it will automatically generate a new file if you delete it.

3. Beatbeckham thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, but didnt find that folder, but, are you saying that this isnt normal?

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Sorry just woke up a little while ago. I'm an idiot. Yes that's normal. I'm such a moron. Unlocking your device does not go to page 1, it unlocks to whatever the page you were on when you locked it.

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

5. Beatbeckham thread starter macrumors regular

Hahaha, You are great bro, thanks anyways! Kinda made my day :p

6. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Really? Are you sure? Because there's a Cydia app dedicated solely to opening your SpringBoard on a different page than #1 every time you unlock your phone

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's true, I saw that in Cydia the other day. But, unless this tweak is installed and the OP did not say it was, Bumpy's right.

8. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I'm confused then, but ok! :eek:

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No worries. They made that tweak you refer to because people (such as myself) get irritated from time to time of always unlocking to the exact same homescreen that we were on when we locked the phone. I have one homescreen that is completely empty. I leave it that way so there are no icons to interfere with my wallpaper. I haven't installed this tweak yet, but it'd be nice to end up on that homescreen every time I unlocked instead of the one I was on.