HELP: Issues with Summer 2009 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SaintDiablo, Aug 29, 2010.

1. SaintDiablo macrumors member

So I have the 13" Summer 2009 MacBook Pro and it worked fine for the first year that I had it, except in the past few weeks I have been experiencing quite a few issues. I'll randomly get a freeze-up when I'm just listening to music and on Messenger. The music will just stop for a few seconds and then just start again. This also happens whenever I use other applications. Also after multiple freeze-ups if I try to save something it says I do not have the permission to do. I installed a new HD in it a few months after I got it, but I didn't start experiencing issues until now. I also had a Boot Camp partition with Win 7 on for a few months, but I started experiencing start up issues during the summer so I decided to remove it. Specs are:
    Mac OS 10.6.4
    2.23GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM
    500GB WD Scorpio (can't remember exactly which one)
    Thanks for any help in advance!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you run Disk Utility and verified the disk or repaired the permissions?

Btw, images in signatures don't work, thus only the link does show up.

3. SaintDiablo thread starter macrumors member

Repairing permissions atm, turned out there were A LOT of issues with it. Thanks for your help though

4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

hmmm sounds like my external hdd, i try to modify stuff and i don't have permissions because when i installed my enw hard drive and migrated my time machine back up over it made me change my user name so they no longer match >_< hmmm