HELP....it keeps crashing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Klaw73, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Klaw73 macrumors newbie

I have this great macbook pro but every time i play a game it freezes and tells me to hold the power button until it turns off. I play world of warcraft and little enternet games like flash games. My friend has the same computer and has never had this problem. I have turned down the game settings and it still happens....can anyone help.

2. m85476585 macrumors 65816

First of all what model MBP do you have?

Second, I assume this is under OS X, right?

It shouldn't be crashing with flash games. Crashing wile playing real games is more common, but still not normal if the game is known to work on the model you have. It could be a hardware problem (bad graphics card).

3. Klaw73 thread starter macrumors newbie

MBP55.00AC.B03 is the answer to #1
    and Yes to #2.
    the graphics card should be under warranty if it is under a year old? Sry I am new to MAC. havent touched an Apple product since early 80's

4. m85476585 macrumors 65816

The whole computer is warrantied for a year.

When you reboot, does a message come up saying the system recovered from an error, or something like that? If you click Send to Apple, there should be a bunch of text you can copy and paste here that might help diagnose the problem. This text should also be stored in the /Library/Logs/PanicReporter folder on your computer.

From the model number it looks like you have a 13", which only has the 9400 graphics chip. It is possible that it is overheating, or that it has some other hardware problem. Try running iStat Pro (dashboard widget) to monitor the temperature. If anything goes over 100C, there might be a problem with your computer's cooling system or a problem with the graphics chip itself.

It's probably best to take your computer to the Apple store or call Apple and they should fix it. It will help if you can always reproduce the problem.