Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seattlemaclover

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
Seattle Washington USA
Every time I try and sync my iPod to itunes, the program stops responding. I force Quit it and it won't completly quit until I pull the plug on the iPod. Any suggestions? Is this happening to anyone else?

altes

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2005
Japan
iTunes 5.0.1

Looks like the problem I have on my Powerbook 667 Mhz. After ugrading to iTunes 5.0.1 iTunes opens and read a CD ok, but it is unable to play or import its songs. It hangs up too and needs force quitting. Does anybody know how to solve this issue ? Thanks

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
The iPod could be overheating. I had the same problem although not limited to iTunes 5.0 and the solution was to keep the iPod cool using some ice.

altes

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2005
Japan
I am not sure my problem was understood or if there was some irony there. I am not talking about iPods, but a Powerbook and iTunes 5.0.1 which do not allow CD play/import. Please advise about a different forum/web site if this one cannot handle these issues seriously. Thank you

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
seattlemaclover, the thread starter, was talking about an iPod.

altes, two hints:

1. Condescending responses will do you no favours in your quest for a fix.

2. Try deleting the iTunes preferences. :)

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
altes said:
I am not sure my problem was understood or if there was some irony there. I am not talking about iPods, but a Powerbook and iTunes 5.0.1 which do not allow CD play/import. Please advise about a different forum/web site if this one cannot handle these issues seriously. Thank you

Whoooaaaaa Tiger!

mad jew was just trying to help. We get about 50 of these questions a week, so yes, we can handle it.

Good luck with your problem.

altes

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2005
Japan
1. Condescending responses will do you no favours in your quest for a fix.

2. Try deleting the iTunes preferences.
----------------------
Dear Mad Jew, I owe you an apology. I do not know why I posted my question where I did, it was clearly out of place, hence my odd reply. Thank you for your answer and for starting up a useful thread. I haven't had time to try the proposed solutions yet, but I will soon. Thanks again. altes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.