Help! iTunes 7.6 doesn't see iTouch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by F4phanatic, Jan 29, 2008.

1. F4phanatic macrumors newbie

I was being a bit foolish this morning, and I was hoping to downgrade to 7.5 so that I could do the downgrade for my iTouch, well I did, then when I upgraded back to 7.6, I got my music library back, but it doesn't see my iPod Touch.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
    F4phanatic

2. Quasiportnoy macrumors regular

Plug in USB to iPod while holding home button. Should go into restore mode. Shift click or option click restore and select the appropriate firmware.

Voilá...hopefully. :rolleyes:

3. F4phanatic thread starter macrumors newbie

I hear the sound like it's going to show up on iTunes, but it only charges. I tried what you asked, and it didn't work. Luckily though, I still have all my music and stuff on the iPod.

I'd guess that I might try to reinstall iTunes, though I'd like some advice on that route.

F4phanatic

4. coreanomac macrumors member

I try exactly that ( with this firmwares: http://wiki.iphonegameover.com/Firmware_download ) and I also try to update with 1.1.3 from iTunes and this message came up:

"The "ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)"

If somebody have something else to do please let us know.

5. mikenthar macrumors newbie

Well, my problem is a bit like this but I have one other problem. I can't connect to the internet at all.

The last thing I did to my itouch was upgrade and jailbreak to 1.1.3. Then I used my itouch for a week, and ran out of batteries so I recharged it over night. In the morning, I found that I couldn't connect to the internet anymore and itunes wouldn't recognize my device.

In an effort to fix this, I have uninstalled everything except the installer, reset everything, then erased all content and settings when all else wouldn't work... Still no luck :(

I was starting to believe I had a hardware issue that might have screwed up my internet, but for some reason my itouch will ask to connect to my network, but when I go to Safari it says it can not connect. If anything, I would like to get Itunes working so I can do a system restore and let apple have a look.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as I am addicted to using my ipod touch. Btw, I am using itunes 7.6 with 1.1.3. Thanks!