Help : iTunes "brings to front" w/o me asking.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fenixx, Jun 12, 2007.

1. fenixx macrumors regular

fenixx

About once a minute, my iTunes window will bring to front and become the active window w/o me triggering it in anyway.

I recently had to reinstall iTunes because I installed UNO and had the blank white screen problem.

Any else have this issues, or any fixes?

Thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What other apps are you running at the same time? Do you have it set up to be accessed by a certain key command using a third party app? :)

3. roboticsguy1988 macrumors newbie

Did you ever find a sultion this has started occuring for me now and is getting very irritating. I don't touch any keys like i will be reading something and it will just pop back up.... help!!

4. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

Do you have an iTunes widget open on your dashboard? Theres some glitches that cause disruption with iTunes. I had a problem like this before, excewpt iTunes would open even if it was closed.

5. roboticsguy1988 macrumors newbie

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit and this problem has never occured before it just suddenly appeared. It stays closed when i close it but if it is open and i minimize it or just click another window it just brings it to the front about every minute. I am not sure what you mean about the dashboard but i assume you are thinking i am running mac os

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

In Windows when an application wants you attention it can coded to either move to top or flash the taskbar; in this case iTunes moves to the top.

7. roboticsguy1988 macrumors newbie

Itunes does not want my attention that is not the issue here... anyways the problem was fixed by restarting the computer...

8. Kieguy macrumors newbie

I noticed a similar (but different) behavior last evening...maybe related, maybe not, thought I'd add it here in case it helps anyone out....

I was watching a movie in Quicktime Player fullscreen with iTunes running in the background, along with other apps like Firefox also in background...

So every once in awhile Quicktime Player would go out of fullscreen mode ON IT'S OWN and I noticed the top menu bar and its text (at the very top of the screen that is...I'm on Mac OS X 10.5) would quickly dim, then go back to normal, as if Quicktime wasn't the active app for a second. Quicktime WOULD be the active app at the end of the menubar 'flash' though (unlike what seems like others experiences where iTunes would come to the front and stay as the frontmost app?)...

I was confused the first few times this happened as I'd never seen this before, and would just quickly Cmd-F to go back to fullscreen. Kept happening, though not at exact minute intervals, something close though but more random.

Went to iTunes and watched a video podcast fullscreen there....after a bit, same thing, it jumped out of fullscreen mode by itself. Very annoying.

Noticed I had set up a big queue of video podcasts to download, and switched to the download queue list...

It dawned on me that downloads were completing at somewhat the same intervals as my fullscreen video watching was being popped away from me! I tested by waiting until one download was just about to finish, then going to watch another video podcast in fullscreen...yep, it soon popped out of fullscreen as that download finished. Over and over...

It seems ridiculous that iTunes feels it needs to jump to the front for a split second and go out of fullscreen mode each time a download is finished, but that seems to be the case for me.

I haven't felt to the need to upgrade to the very latest iTunes (7.7 I believe, where they added the App Store for iPhone v2.0)....so maybe they could have fixed this recently?

Anyone else seen this behavior with the iTunes download queue? First time I'd noticed it, hadn't read about it anywhere before...

(apologies for the long-winded novella!)

9. roboticsguy1988 macrumors newbie

Now that you mention the downloads issue that does make perfect sense. This was occuring right in the midst of when i was downloading lots of things and it hasn't happened since that week i was downloading stuff.

I never thought to look at the downloads really, i mean the idea was there in the back of my head as i thought what could itunes be wanting my attention for.

Anyways i have tested this and it seems to be the case, i will repost if i find another cause. Thanks for the help kieguy