HELP! iTunes corrupted my video file!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sean7512, May 8, 2008.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I was going through my movies in my iTunes library and came across a concert that I DVRed, and decided to put an album art cover on it. Well, I did, but it didn't work (it just changed it to solid black). Now, the video is corrupt, and when played is a black screen with loud popping sounds. Is there anything that can be done to restore the video? I would hate to lose this video, it is by far, my favorite movie that I have!

Thanks

2. ecoons macrumors member

I had the SAME thing happen when trying to upload album art. It has happened twice thus far. Each time it happened when I hit "next" since I am trying to add art to all my movies. Batman Begins and Chicken Little both experienced popping sounds and are corrupted. The video files are on my Seagate FreeAgent, which, initially I thought my be the problem. The artwork I am putting in is 1000x1500 pixels if that matters.

Just letting you know you aren't the only one. And I couldn't restore it :|

3. Blink7551 macrumors member

Yep. This just happened to me too. Anyone have a fix? It happened once (but I luckily had a backup). And now it happened again to one of my favorite movies and I dont have a backup. The video is all black and has loud noises and clicking. It won't play in Quicktime, iTunes, VLC or anything. Can anyone help me?

4. nickreilly macrumors newbie

mee too!

hey so im getting the same thing, except it corrupted EVERY movie file i have.....i know.....it sucks. for example, if i download something, i cant open it in any application, not final cut, not anything

any ideas?

5. Blink7551 macrumors member

This needs to get resolved. It has happened to me again. Anyone have any ideas?