Help! iTunes doesn't add particular music to library.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ILikePop, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ILikePop macrumors newbie

ILikePop

I can get most music to add to my iTunes library where i can subsequently place it on my iPod, but a certain album (let's call it "2008") won't be added. I'm using Windows XP Office and the files from the album "2008" are in 320kbps mp3. My primary media player is Winamp 5.13 or some build close to that, and the files play perfectly in there. They also scrobble correctly to my Last.fm page.

I've tried dragging it from the explorer straight to the library. The ID3 tags on the tracks are all correct, so it's not untagged at the bottom of my library or anything like that. I'm 100% sure the files aren't already added to my library; when I search "2008" or the artist's name "Sigur Ros" it doesn't come up.

I tried dragging the album folder from the explorer to the side bar (with the heading "Source") to make a playlist of the album, and it appeared right under my iPod's icon. The playlist's name was the album title, the same as the name of folder containing the tracks as it appears in windows explorer. when I clicked the name in iTunes to open the playlist, there were no tracks in the playlist.

The only thing else worthy of note... the album's title is extensive and uses characters from Icelandic. to be specific, it's "með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust"... though I don't see why it wouldn't add. I've added titles such as "Von Brigði" and "Ágætis byrjun" and the characters used in the title appeared correctly in iTunes and on my iPod.

help is appreciated! thanks :)

2. !on macrumors member

? pass... except have you tried looking at the album folder / files, look at properties & read/write permissions? perhaps you could rename the folder something more user friendly (a translation?) & try 'file'>'add folder to library' in itunes... other than that, dunno?