HELP! Itunes has disabled my account?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RazHyena, Aug 1, 2009.

1. RazHyena macrumors 6502a

RazHyena

Tonight, I tried to buy a single track from the itunes store and I got this message:

"You cannot buy because your account has been disabled.

to continue using your account it must be enabled by the itunes store customer service. you can contact customer service at..."

I don't understand what's going on? I bought music this morning using an itunes card from target and now all of a sudden my entire account is disabled??? I have like $800 bucks in music I've purchased from the itunes store and I don't want to lose it! I sent an email to Apple's customer service address and I've yet to receive a reply.

Is this some sort of bug in the system??

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Why don't you call them? It is much faster. :) Did you buy music with an iTunes gift card you bought online for a cheap price?

3. RazHyena thread starter macrumors 6502a

RazHyena

No I bought it at Target.

Their phone line is closed right now.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

iTunes Store support does not have a direct phoneline for customers to contact them. Only iPod touch and iPhone owners can contact AppleCare and request to speak to iTunes billing support.

5. RazHyena thread starter macrumors 6502a

RazHyena

who do i contact then??

6. uberjason macrumors member

uberjason

What was the outcome on this? I too purchased cards at a Gas Station/Convenience store and about 2 weeks later my acccount is disabled. I contacted Apple Itunes support straight away, and still have no resolution. This sucks. Some loser potential sells me a non-legitimate itunes card, and Apple disable my account??? Amazing.

Does that mean if I were to buy gasoline from a gas station that acquired the fuel illegally, Texaco could come and take the keys from my car?

7. frlane macrumors newbie

Same issue Here!

I started getting the same issue today, and I have not used a gift card at all! I haven't purchased anything in ages, and the only apps I have downloaded were a couple of free ones. I tried to download a free app today, and got this message. No response so far.