HELP! ITUNES IS SO MESSY can't get any progam to help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lilchub101, May 29, 2009.

1. lilchub101 macrumors member

Hey all
    I love having my mac very clean but my Itunes is so messy and it is killing me I have 420 songs or so but I have many more in my music folder under itunes its crazy here is what I need help with.

Free program that will help rename all my music

Free program that will help get album art

A way to delete all songs not in the itunes library out of the itunes folders

Any help would be great thanks.

2. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

iTunes already does most of those features. Just look in the help file and it will show you how. 420 songs is not that much, so iTunes can handle that very well.

3. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

Tune Instructor is a good free app for mass editing ID3 tags. You can have it transfer info from the file name into the fields of the ID3 tag info... For example, if the file is called "01_Dirty Little Secret_Move Along_The All-American Rejects.mp3" you can have the program move that info to track #, track title, artist, album name, etc. Really helpful if you have a lot of music with bad ID3 tags, but properly titled in the file name.

You can also use it to manipulate within the ID3, like having it cut off characters that you don't need (like when a track title has the track number in it "01 Dirty Little Secret").

I have also used it to transfer any "featuring" artist from the artist field to the song title... "Migrate" by Mariah Carey feat. T-Pain, becomes "Migrate feat. T-Pain" by Mariah Carey.

You can do so much more with it. Download it and take a look. I use it to manage my iTunes library of 6,000 songs.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ipod_itunes/tune•instructor.html

It has a feature to fetch album art too, I have never used it. I always find art work myself when I add each new album to my library.

4. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

i say do it yourself. If its only 400 odd songs why not.
    Spend a day on it. You will find that you become connected to your itunes library.

Also tip for the future. do it as your going along :)

5. lilchub101 thread starter macrumors member

I'm almost done fixing all my songs now when I add new ones I will just fix them then lol thanks all. Does any body have an idea how to delete all the extra songs from the itunes folder? I always delete them and say move to trash but It does not so I have a bunch of songs in the folders that aren't in my library

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The question is, do you want those songs in your library? If you do, then add them to your library, if you don't just delete the files by dragging to trash/recycling bin.

Also I would turn on "Let iTunes manage my folders" so things are sorted nicely.

7. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

Bleck! I hate that devil feature! Haha. I organize my music myself. A folder for some broad genres (American, European, J-pop, Musicals, Soundtracks, etc), in those a folder for each artist, a folder inside each of those for every album that artist has. Some of my favorite artists' folders are further sorter into "Albums" "Singles" "Videos" as I have a lot of content for them.