HELP! iTunes not responding in middle of iOS upgrade!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caligurl, Jun 21, 2010.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i'm in the middle up doing the iOS upgrade on my 3GS and iTunes is "not responding!!

what do i do?? i know if i disconnect i'm going to get a non-responsive iphone... what exactly.... step by step... so i have to do to get my iphone back?

thanx!

2. Cameron38 macrumors newbie

My download of the new Software "Timed out" after about 95% download :mad:

3. draz macrumors 6502a

Let's hope it is just taking very very long....

If you alt tab alot it might appear that iTunes is not responding but hopefully it really is doing something. Maybe wait a bit longer?

*shrugs*

4. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

no.... it's "not responding" in task manager...

i got the new iOS but during backup it got almost to the end then stopped responding

5. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

hmmmmm.... so finally it said something like the phone could not be found/synced.....

but apparentley the new software is there???? and my programs etc....

freaky!

6. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

iTunes and Windows don't like each other, regardless of the flavor of Windows. I'm afraid you may have to start over. I'm just now getting the stupid thing to download.

Win7 does seem to play with iTunes better than Vista and XP, from my experience, FWIW.

7. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

uh oh

Attached Files:

8. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

ok..... it appears all is ok???? the new iOS is there.... i can make folders... my photos and other data appears to be there..... PHEW.... scarey moments there!

9. draz macrumors 6502a

Did it go through the whole firmware update process? or did it just stop at backing up?

You might need to force it to update and then do a restore after it is done... Provided that iTunes has done a backup of your phone recently. Perhaps force a backup first by right clicking on the device name in iTunes and clicking the backup option then forcing the update.

To force the update you need to hold down alt/shift then click on the Restore button. Browse to where the firmware is saved (you might want to search your computer for .ipsw as that is the firmware file Apple uses)

*edit*
    Doh never mind, just saw your reply. Grats on getting it on!