HELP. iTunes problem, urgent.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JunkyDog, Oct 9, 2011.

1. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

I downloaded iTunes for 64 bit windows 7.

When i double click to install, i get this:

" Configurationdata is damage" Please contact usersupport.!

WTF, what does this mean. Why cant i install iTunes again?

Anyone else had this problem, and how did you solve it??

I even restarted my computer, seems i cant get this to work..

2. JunkyDog thread starter macrumors 6502

170 views, and no one still knows this problem?? How is it possible with so many geeks out there, sure the has to be at least one genius out there that know this kind of problem...:eek:

3. jmjoh122 macrumors member

jmjoh122

This is what I would do if I were you. I would restart your computer. Then try it again. If it still doesn't work try and uninstall it again. If it doesn't show up in the program menu, then actually find the file of saved data from the previous version of itunes and manually delete the file folder. I hope that this helps.

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I saw this on the apple forums: "After looking trough the discussions forum, I came across a post that suggested to download Windows Install Clean Up, after downloading the software, I removed iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour and Apple Application Support. iTunes and QuickTime installed without any problems after that."

I would google "windows install clean up" and see if running it helps.
    Hope that helps.

5. JunkyDog thread starter macrumors 6502

There is no leftovers from prev version of iTunes, but i suspect it could ber a registry problem of some sort, and cleaning that would take a lot of time to remove everything that refers to Apple Computers, well, better get starting to clean the registry ..:eek:

----------

Done that 4 times already, still no go, maybe i delete the whole hard drive and start fresh, saying i loose over 20 gb with itunes stuff and iphone stuff, not an option....:(

6. JunkyDog thread starter macrumors 6502

Now i am getting this error about 20 secs in, and second error about 45 secs in.
    See pictures.

Its in my language, but it says something like this:
    "Cant start service Apple Mobile Device(Apple Mobile Device).
    Please check if you have the propper right to start service.

I am about to give up, this is my 10th attempt to install itunes over, but i cant, it tells me that im not Admin for this laptop, but I AM the only user and no one else is using this laptop, so anyone have any sollution for this??

Attached Files: