Help: iTunes won't recognize iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by diamond3, Feb 25, 2010.

1. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

I've synced multiple times before, but for some reason my mbp will not pull up the ipod in iTunes. It charges the ipod through USB, but neither iPhoto or iTunes recognizes that it is connected to start they syncing process. What I have done so far:
    I switched the usb cable
    Used a different port
    I plugged my ipod into the mac pro and it works.
    -->So I am certain it is something wrong with my laptop, not the ipod.<--

Verify disc permissions and this is what I get
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

I go to about this mac --> more info--> USB and the ipod shows up with this information:
    iPod:

Product ID: 0x1299
    Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
    Version: 0.01
    Serial Number: fe8522fae57321179f9a68f862da63beb8500c9a
    Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
    Location ID: 0x26200000
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)
    Extra Operating Current (mA): 500

So, what should I do next? Reinstall iTunes? I'm not sure that is the problem because I would think if anything iPhoto would start up.

2. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not sure why this was moved to the ipod touch forum as it is clearly a problem with iTunes. Progress has been made, but additional problems have come up.

I deleted applemobiledevices file and uninstalled iTunes. iTunes is syncing again. I believe it was a problem specifically with the mobiledevices file.

Now though I'm getting errors like the following that pop up every once in a while:
    "The system extension "/system/library/extensions/bjusbload.kext" was installed improperly and can not be used.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2346044&tstart=270
    and several others that look like printer files found on the link above from hp and canon. They only come up occasionally, but I have not even installed a printer driver or have a printer connected to my laptop. I'm going to hope it is just a one time thing and they don't show up again.