Help! iTunes won't sync devices

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wez1975, May 7, 2011.

1. wez1975 macrumors newbie

So each time I try to sync my iPhone 4 and iPad2 I get an error message that says that a file could not be found. This happened all of a sudden. I am not sure why and I tried reinstalling iTunes but nothing has helped. Anyone have a suggestion that might help?! :apple:

2. andrewappleinc macrumors newbie

Reply: iTunes error when syncing iPhone 4/iPad 2

Well for starters your description of your issue appears to be very vague. But I will work with what I have... For starters it would be helpful to know whether you are using a Mac or a PC. It is also important to know that iTunes, no matter what operating system you are using has a built in feature that is a "safety net" so if you delete iTunes and reinstall it, 8 times out of 10, the problem will still exist. This is going to the extreme, but after trying all other solutions first, I might recommend backing up your computer to a external hard drive or a Time Capsule (Mac Only) and then reinstalling your operating system with the disks that came with the computer. Also, try connecting your devices with another computer to see if they will at least "show up" in iTunes on a different computer. I really don't have much to go on, but I just remembered, that if you think that iTunes is the true problem you can shut down and insert the "Applications Disk" that came with your computer and you can reinstall iTunes only from that disk. That again is only for Macs. I can work with PC's, but the problem is that I haven't had a PC since I was about 5.

3. andrewappleinc macrumors newbie

One More Question

When you receive the error, by chance did you get an error code or error number, that could help speed up the solution process.