Help. Itunes Won't Work.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Forever Changed, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Forever Changed macrumors newbie

I updated my itunes about a half hour ago and now I go to open it and the icon bounces up once and then back down and I get no response from it.

Any help would be great.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are you on a Mac or a PC? Have you tried opening it from another user account? If the new/other user account doesn't work, then maybe try rebuilding the library. :)

3. Trip.Tucker Guest

"Icon bounces up and down" <-- ever seen that in Windows?

Hold down the Option key when you start up iTunes, if it starts then you may have a corrupted library which can be recovered.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Good point mate. :D

5. Trip.Tucker Guest

Actually, when I'm waiting for Windows to respond after staring at the hour glass for way too long, I can make the whole screen bounce! :p

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's just the ol' Windows Nervous Twitch coming into play, no doubt. I get the same. :D

7. Forever Changed thread starter macrumors newbie

I am so annoyed right now.
    So I tried to download itunes again and it won't download. In fact nothing will download off the internet now. I don't have any idea what Im supposed to do...

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Create a new user account in System Preferences, and see if the problems carry over. :)

9. Forever Changed thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay i did that and the when I attempted to open itunes it said "Itunes is damaged" or something to that effect. I'm thinking I may have deleted something necessary to run it on accident earlier that day when I was cleaning files. I wish I had time machine ugh.

Either way it gives me an error when I try to repair disk permissions.

And I still can't download itunes again, or anything from firefox.

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's no food. Apart from iTunes and Firefox, is your machine experiencing any other problems? They may be related... Also, does this Firefox issue carry over in the new account? Try to be as specific as possible with your problems as they may all be interrelated and solving one may solve them all. :)