Help, I've had three different phones in 3 months :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unclejamaal, Aug 17, 2010.

1. unclejamaal macrumors 6502

Long story short

sold 3GS in anticipation of getting the Iphone 4

Decided I didnt like the high price so decided to try a HTC Desire, which I got for half the price. This lasted less than 10 days before I started yearning for an Iphone again.

Ordered Iphone 4 online. Arrived just less than 3 weeks later. I had no end of problems with it. Death grip losing 3G / net browsing (i hold it naturally like that when im browsing the net), wireless issues, sensor proximity issue every single time when Im on a call with calls dropping etc.

Although I loved the device, as a phone it wasnt great with all these problems, so i returned it and got a Bold 9700, thinking i could probably use that for a couple of months while the white Iphone 4 is released :D

A couple of weeks on, Im using the Bold happily, but I really miss the Iphone. Im wondering is it worth holding on for the White one or just re-order another Black one.

The people who are just getting hold of theirs just now, are you experiencing the sensor or death grip issue?

I'm not sure if I can wait for the white one to be honest. Would love to go back to an Iphone but if the problems I experienced are still there, then i am not sure if this is a good move.:rolleyes:

2. threezero macrumors 6502

why didn't u just exchange the iphone till you got a good one or at least one u can put up with?

mine is week 29. no sensor, wireless problem. There is death grip but never to the point of dropping call of totally losing signal. I'm in Canada though

3. unclejamaal thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure why. I think I didnt want a 'refurbished' handset in return.

Oh well.

4. aohus macrumors 68000

get a galaxy s phone. or switch to verizon and get a Droid X!

[​IMG]

5. unclejamaal thread starter macrumors 6502

see above. Already tried Android (HTC Desire) and hated it. :D

Also, I'm in the UK :)

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

What do people have against refurbs? They are thoroughly checked and put in new externals.

7. unclejamaal thread starter macrumors 6502

i didnt know that. Will bear it in mind next time.

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Sadly Apple has joined the ranks of used car dealers. They will lie to you, and say anything to peddle their phones.

The White iPhone may not even exist. It's a great bait and switch device. Shown from the beginning Apple knew it could con people into believing it was a choice. Then came release day and slowly another fake story was leaked. This time about how difficult it was to build.

Hello Apple Customers? How gullible can you be?

No wonder Jobs laughs all the way to the bank.

9. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Wow, you're right! In fact if you think back, there never was a white iPhone, except there was. Oops.

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Wow...just wow.

OP:
    1) the death grip issue affects a minority of phones/users
    2) many with the death grip issue have replaced their phones and have had no problem subsequently
    3) get over the refurb phobia...the replacement units are indistinguishable from new ones and are individually tested

11. unclejamaal thread starter macrumors 6502

:) I'll be sure to order another Iphone then at the local Apple Store. Another 3 weeks wait :mad: I think I am resigned to not bothering with the white iphone 4 any more as I'll probably cover my Iphone in a case anyway so whats the point.

12. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I'd stick with the bb you will waste cash switching back and forth. Just keep it for a while it will make you want the white iPhone more. It shouldn't be that long.

13. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

How is it that the death grip and proximity sensor issue only affect certain phones? Are they made differently? Is Apple's QC process flawed? I can't understand how this isn't an all or nothing issue. If it's just some phones that have these problems then why can't Apple figure out what the problem with those phones are and fix it.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Not sure what the difference is, but neither me nor my wife have a problem with the proximity sensor. However, we did have the antenna issue which was solved for us by using a case.

15. unclejamaal thread starter macrumors 6502

too late. I bought a 16Gb black one this evening. The local Apple store had a few in stock which I was quite surprised to hear about.

Although I do want the white one, I dont know if I can hold out much longer to be honest. I'd only cover it with a case so the white colour will be a waste on me.

Im going to hold out for a few days before selling the BB just to make sure all the problems have gone and I'm happy with it.

16. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

you sound very hard to please. and furthermore you are still undecided. you are leaving a wake of refurbished phones behind you too. do yourself and these companies a favor and properly research thees phones and try them out in the store before buying and returning any more.

17. soldierblue macrumors 6502

Dude, I did the exact same thing. I got rid of my 3GS got an EVO 4G, then I got rid of that and got an HTC Incredible, now I'm getting rid of that and replacing it with an i4. All within three months. I like Android and all, but I'm the kind of person that wants the latest thing. It drove me insane that the latest thing for Android came out like 4 times in that span.