Help: iWeb 3.0 generating false "Washed Out" images! Agh!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by rcanpolat, Sep 3, 2009.

1. rcanpolat macrumors member

rcanpolat

hey yall - im having a problem with iweb 3.0 - all my other sites are fine but the new blog im working on... well... every time i export it its creating "washed out" websites.

i have tried changing the settings in preferences to tell it to not compress graphics but it doesn't make a difference with it on or off.

the 1st picture is part of the screen that i see in iweb. colors are vibrant and high contrasting.

the 2nd picture is what happens when i export my site and view it in safari. it turns to crap!

HELP PLEASE! its been melting my head for the last 3 days!

Pre Export: [​IMG]

Post Export: [​IMG]

Any help would be great - I dont want to have to edit the files to darken them up and enhance them after i export because every time i republish i'll have to start editing all my images in photoshop. and i dont want to edit them within the contents of the site (ie where its saved to for iweb to read and generate my preview) because it will look far to dark and unrealistic in iweb when im editing my site which could make a mess of things.

A steak dinner goes to the dude/dudette who helps me! :):apple::)

2. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Dia duit, mo chara!

Have you tried viewing your page on a different browser other then Safari? Unfortuanetly, I don't have my Mac in front of me, and iWeb is not my forte (code by hand). But I remember there was a massive discussion about wether or not Safari was "true-color" against the latest version of Firefox released.

Edit: Is there any chance of a link to your site?

3. rcanpolat thread starter macrumors member

rcanpolat

Dia is Muire Duit Mo Chara! (hope i spelled all that right...its been a while since i wrote gaelic - haha)

I just tried viewing it there in firefox on the same machine and its doing the same thing. looks washed out.

Im not going to try viewing it on my windows machine yet because the monitor is not calibrated even close to my mac's (its set more for gaming and entertainment etc - very saturated)

I can't post a link because i haven't brought stage 2 of my blog online yet. I have a blog up online in development which looks like crap (its basic white and black) at the moment so what im going is building elements in iweb to export to word-press later on in a few weeks when i bring my blog active to the public and i finish setting up my php's and mysql etc.

The black and white blog is merely so i could get some layouts on what works best. im not posting a link to that because its an embarrassment on how crappy it looks.

4. jdesign macrumors member

Hi how did you made the graphics? I never use Iweb... but i think its because there is a color profile embedded in the image, and browsers interpret that differently.

usually this color profile is for print, and not web works .
    Try this link to understand your problem:
    http://www.viget.com/inspire/the-mysterious-save-for-web-color-shift/

more link :

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/451279
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/great-prints/2005/06/27/mac-browsers-can-you-believe-your-eyes/

hope that solves your problem.

5. PetteriM macrumors newbie

Hi,
    few things come to mind as iweb is could be optimizing images to some restricted color palette.

Check if there is some setting on images / background that it uses "apple palette" or "web palette"

Check if there is some optimization done to images on export. I don't have iweb in front of me now, so i can't check whether there are such options and where those options are.

Petteri