Help Jail breaking Firmware issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Koodauw, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

So I am trying to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 3G. I am following step by step the instructions at from iClarify. However when I download the firmware, I don't get the same lego like icon as everyone else seems to get, I get a folder that says iPhone1,2_3 .Am I doing something wrong? I have been searching for about an hour for a solution, but no can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated. I have attached a pic of what I get.

Attached Files:

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Yeah that happened to me when I was JBing my GFs iphone on her mac. Try http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750 .

If that doesnt work, then i forgot what i did :(.

3. Koodauw thread starter macrumors 68040

Koodauw

No luck with that either. Is it some sort of setting I need to change in OS X?

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Try adding .ipsw onto the end of the folder name (so it says iPhone1,2_3.ipsw)

5. Koodauw thread starter macrumors 68040

Koodauw

6. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

If you know how to download files through torrents you could always do that.

7. Koodauw thread starter macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I feel like its an issue with the way my computer reads the files though. I am DL these from the same source as everyone else. hurmpfff.

EDIT: Dowloaded from another source and it seemed to work. No idea WTF happened. So I followed all the instructions for the Ultrasn0w install, is there anything else I need to do? Any way to test it out? I only have an AT&T Sim.

8. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Download it using Firefox. Safari turns ipsw files into zips. If you still have the zip add .ipsw to the end or if the name is .ipsw.zip then just remove the .zip part.