Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yijie88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Hey everyone. I got an unlocked iPhone 3G with 3.0, then I did something really stupid since I know nothing about unlocked phone. I tried to update to 3.1.2 and now my phone is locked again...stuck on the "slide for emergency" screen...

What should I do? I've tried to use redsn0w and 3.0 firmware but it didn't work, after rebooting i'm still stuck on "slide for emergency". Is 3.0 the correct firmware to use?

I also tried putting it in recovery mode and restoring, and it did.

Anyway, I've spent hours googling but nothing seems to work...help...

jmann

macrumors 604
Hours googling? If you just searched for "3.1.2 jailbreak iphone 3g guide" I'm sure you would've found exactly what you wanted. Anyways you should try going to the official jailbreak team's blog here and download pwnage tool and jailbreak the phone like that. It's simple. Here is a guide with pictures. linky

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
If you had an unlocked phone without an AT&T sim, and now upgraded, theres nothing you can do at the moment to get service.

EDIT: You said tried to upgrade. Does that mean youre still on 3.0 or the 3.1.2 failed (like you pulled the cord or something?)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hey everyone. I got an unlocked iPhone 3G with 3.0, then I did something really stupid since I know nothing about unlocked phone. I tried to update to 3.1.2 and now my phone is locked again...stuck on the "slide for emergency" screen...

What should I do? I've tried to use redsn0w and 3.0 firmware but it didn't work, after rebooting i'm still stuck on "slide for emergency". Is 3.0 the correct firmware to use?

I also tried putting it in recovery mode and restoring, and it did.

Anyway, I've spent hours googling but nothing seems to work...help...

Sounds like you updated the baseband, if so, you can jailbreak but not unlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.