Help - Jailbreak Gone Wrong?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by BLiT, May 20, 2010.

1. BLiT macrumors newbie

I know this must annoy the crap out of you guys... a bunch of n00bs and kids that come in crying after they've broken their precious "iTouch"s.

Well, that's not me. ^^
    I bought a "broken" 8GB Second-Gen iPod Touch for about $80 on eBay. There's nothing physically wrong with it from what I can tell, and I couldn't see anything when I opened it up. (Lost my good tool kit, so I didn't have a screwdriver small enough to finish dismantling. >.<)

Anyway, apparently the user, as well as the user before him (the person I bought it from couldn't fix it either, though he seemed pretty hacker-illiterate from my conversations with him,) got the dreaded "Connect to iTunes" message that just wouldn't go away.

No matter what, it won't restore. I've tried from restore mode, DFU (yes, the screen was blank,) EVERY firmware version for the second generation iPod Touches... two different connection cords, six different computers, as well as various iTunes distribution versions. HELP?

At first, with 2.1.2 (the stock firmware,) it'd load fully according to the iPod, then just hang there. I let it sit for about 7-8 hours overnight and it did not finish. With 3.1.3 I'd get the Error-28 message (yes, I know what it means... I just refuse to believe it.) Other times, I'd get an error 9 from where I had to unplug it from iTunes when it hanged, I've gotten an error 20 using 2.1.1 (didn't use DFU mode, that may've been why.) As well as a few others I can't remember.

Please help me... I'm broke. I'd really like an iPod as my 3rd Gen. 8GB Nano died a few months ago after 3 years, and I've using the 1GB SD card in my cell phone since then. =(

I appreciate it... and sorry for the long read. ^^

2. mrhappyface2010 macrumors newbie

mrhappyface2010

Get a hammer then get the ipod touch then go bang bang bang, if not just go get a gun and shoot urself in the head or just sit on a highway and just get run over then all ur problems r solved!